Friday 15 December 2006

Morning after pill "controversy"

Frankly unlike Bel over here

I can't see what all the fuss is about, morning after pills should be available for free when required like any other medication, subject to the same health considerations of course.

"Call me ignorant, but I thought that the general aim of a charity was to benefit society."

I'm not sure about ignorant, but you are wrong. Charities are supposed to benefit who or whatever they say they want to benefit, or push whatever line they say they want to push. As it happens I think they are benefiting society by putting these ideas forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob, you are right when you say 'Charities are supposed to benefit who or whatever they say they want to benefit, or push whatever line they say they want to push.'

However, one could argue whether the BPAS is really benefiting pregnant women with their latest recommendations.

Damn this argument. I sound more and more like an interfering Leftie with each statement. :) I suppose there is a point where conservative values cross with personal liberty issues. Whenever that happens, it is interesting to see which side of the fence we end up on.

Bel (www.beltoday.com)